Thursday 22 May 2014

Richard Wright

Richard Wright

I am looking at the artist Richard Wright as his work is similar to mine and has inspired me as it contains geometric patterns that he used paint and gold leaf to make. Wrights work has influenced me as i also am now considering the space that my work will be shown in and the manner in which i will show it. Before looking at his gold leaf painting i did not consider the art space as being of any relevance to how the art would be perceived but i have decided to hang my work as i have realized that it would look more well presented.


I also wanted air and natural light to be able to pass through my work so that the work becomes part of the environment of the exhibition space. Also, i wanted people to be able to walk around my work and therefore become part of the experience of the work and space its shown in. I think that the light being able to pass through would create beautiful patterns on the floor and surrounding walls which would also become art in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment