Thursday 22 May 2014

Fractal Patterns

Fractal Patterns 

I have become interested in fractal patterns as they are infinity complex patterns which means that the same patterns are found across different scales. Fractal patterns are familiar to us as they can be found across nature in a variety of locations such as: rivers, trees, seashells, hurricanes and mountains.

I think that this is an interesting concept to work with as it is the idea of macro-microcosm of the universe. I want to investigate this as i feel that these patterns are important aspects of nature. I like that all of the fractals are in a curved shape and would want to stick to rounded shapes in my work. I also want to create a piece that like fractals allows me to create small patterns when looked at closely but from afar is also one large pattern. i think that this would make my work more dynamic and add a fractal like quality to it. I have always been interested in leaves and they also contain fractal patterns so i have integrate patterns from leaves lines into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment